One Year Bible Reading Plan
Many people start the new year with goals. One of the best goals to have is to be in God’s Word daily. Although this reading plan starts on January 1st, feel free to jump in anytime throughout the year. No need to catch up, just start!
2 Timothy 3:16 – All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
Here is the reading plan that matches the daily videos you will see on the site. It is in a PDF document and you can save it to your computer and/or print it. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat on your computer to view it (most likely you do already!). In case you don’t, you can download that program for free here: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
There are many great reading plans out there; 3 month, 2 years, chronological, 5 X 5 and many more. A quick search in Google with the term ‘Daily Bible Reading Plan’ should help you find exactly what works for you and your family.
Download the NET Bible
(On that page, go to ‘Microsoft Word File’ and download the ZIP file. There are other media options available for download on that same page.)
Tips on reading your Bible daily:
- Setting a schedule helps you stick to your goals. A specific time in the morning or night where you can focus on God.
- Pray to God before you watch or read the Bible. Ask Him to show you what He wants you to experience and learn in those passages.
- While watching/reading the passage ask yourself a few questions…
- What does this teach me about God?
- What does this teach me about myself as well as others?
- What does it mean? One of my favorite blog articles about ‘What does it Mean’ is on the Desiring God website called “Two Big Questions for Good Bible Reading”. Here is the article:
Two Big Questions for Good Bible Reading
- Breathe. Let what God has spoken to you sink in a bit before rushing off to the next thing on your checklist. Pray that as you go through your day that He will show you how to apply what you have learned.
- Ask questions. Head over to the discussion boards or Facebook community and ask anything that you would like. We might not have all the answers, but God does and will show you what you need to know.
God I ask for forgiveness…too often I pick and choose the verses or parts of the Bible that apply to my specific situation and leave the rest untouched. Yet you breathed into existence the entire Bible to help each of us know about You, Your Son, how to Glorify You and how to be disciples who teach others how amazing and awesome your love and grace and forgiveness are.
Thank you God. Thank you that each and every single one of these words is intentional and applies to our world – even today over 2000 years later! In doing this project I was overwhelmed with how powerfully each story and each verse spoke into my world.
Please hold my heart and hand as we go through your Word together. Show me the areas where my life needs to be changed. Teach me to grow in Your will. You have such fabulous plans for my life and I keep getting in the way. Allow your Word to be my daily strength and focus…sharing Your love with others through my words and actions.
In your Son’s name we pray…Amen
Janelle Elms – founder of Daily Video Bible